Thursday 18 October 2007

Changes (again) in this city life (again)

It's been a fortnight since I arrived in this town. And even though I don't have a job yet, I don't have much time. Madonna was wrong.
I walk around the city and I see many things that have changed. The Uniqlo that had closed, opened again. Some other shops vanished, some of them that I liked, even. And where I used to go to buy pens, now there is a nice tea shop. Or a horrible Starsbucks.
The sun is shining and sometimes I am hot. But it is chilly in the evenings.
People has forgotten how to walk, and I keep bumping into them.
The Underground has "planned works" all over and even fires.
I prefer the bus. The open double decker buses are gone. The 49 has changed and I haven't seen a worm 25 yet.
Or I walk. I like walking, but I get lost.
I have come across very nice people, these days. And I have met with friends I hadn't seen in such a long time. I missed them, and seeing them smile or laugh make me so happy.
I've gone to the cinema and I can't wait to start doing other activities.
I went to the gardens.
I've eaten scones and carrot cake.
I've cooked.
I've baked.
I've kneaded.
I've knitted.
I've studied and read a lot.
And just yesterday, when I was on the 14 bus home, Lily whispered in my ears again.

Sun is in the sky
Oh why, oh why
Would I wanna be anywhere else?

And, really, why, if here I feel home and loved?

PS Thank you, and don't you ever say thank you again.

Anouncement
Take Me Out Tonight
has opened its doors.

4 comments:

Vulcano Lover said...

Wellcome. Everything changes in big cities. Her in Madrid it happens the same. No routine can last for ever, no corner shop or prefered bar can get too much into our inner feelings, as they vanish in a reasonable piece of time.
Also our chats have changed. I feel happy and comfortable in this new period, we've already talked about. Sometimes I even miss you.
nice day, guapo.
B kss.

Habibi said...

thanks. yes, it does. that's sad, isn't it? everything changes, everything flows. i'm glad you feel confy. do you?

coque said...

you've been happy there once, and i'm sure you'll be happy there again.

a city, our city, the city you feel that you're part of. i don't why it happens, but it's amazing.
i feel the same now here.

i'll read your new project :)

Habibi said...

happines is in the mind, though.
you are such a sweet thing