Wednesday 23 April 2008

The Way I Need

Sant Jordi arrived again and, what else could happen on the Lover's Day of Catalonia, but me releasing a new album (remember Valentine's Day and Sant Jordi 2007 and 2008: I'ts not me (it's you); It's not me: the B-Sides [español]; My Favorite Flavor [español] ).
This is the first album at Word Arranger and the third of the year. It is only April, I know. But this is also the last of the saga. A saga that started last year with the "I despise Valentine's Day" mood. But then I kind of liked it, I kind of liked the work in progress of releasing these albums.
They all have songs that cannot be considered 100% love or no-love, they even have songs that do not mean that at all. But, who knows what Love really is?

This time I wanted to do something very easy. This songs have been for a year in a playlist in my iTunes and I knew which I was going to use, actually. I tried not to use the songs or the artists that had been used in previous albums (including Serendipity, which wasn't released onto any of my blogs).
There are songs that I have "sung" in my blogs so many times. There are songs that are old and have been running around for so long. There are songs that are very new for me, even if they might be quite old as well. There are even two songs sung by the same person. But, especially, there are songs that make my heart to shrink.
Some of them have a name, most of them I would say. Some of them I wish they didn't have. But this is how things are, and this is how I feel right now. Because love is not something that changes from one day to another.

Anyway, here it is.

The Way I Need

  1. Fistful of Love - Antony and the Johnsons
  2. My Melody of Love - Bobby Vinton
  3. Love Me - Cetu Javu
  4. Everythings I Cannot See - Charlotte Gainsbourg
  5. Fresh Feelings - Eels
  6. I Hope that I don’t Fall in Love with You - Emilíana Torrini
  7. It’s Good to Be in Love - Frou Frou
  8. Bota pa la lambón - Gertrudis
  9. I Am in Love with You - Imogen Heap
  10. Falling for You - Jem
  11. Sent la nit - Kabul Babà
  12. Pass This On - The Knife
  13. Amante bandido - Miguel Bosé & Alaska
  14. Boig per tu - Novo
  15. Meu cel colorit - Òscar Briz
  16. Samson - Regina Spektor
  17. The Origin of Love - Stephen Trask
Super Bonus Track
  • One Word - Kelly Osbourne
You'll see that this time I didn't say no to more than one song in Catalan, but hey, Sant Jordi is the day all Catalan boys are giving ROSES to their girlfriends and they give them BOOKS back. So, what a better day than singing in their language? I am very much pleased with this. Although I am still looking for a Catalan singer with my own accent, (I am really not going to use Lax'n'Busto) as, again, Òscar Briz is Valencian, and Gertrudis, Kabul Babà, and Novo are from Barcelona, so no chance to pronounce like I do. Such an small country and so many diferences.
Also, you'll see that opposite to the previous albums, this has songs mostly in English (and Catalan, as said). No hebrew (but I wasn't going to use Ivri), no Polish (just few lines in one song). But still some French and Galician.

All these songs meen much to me. All of them are those that I never skip in my iPod. I am so happy with this compilation, I could cry - although I have already done so.

I wanted something simple. I knew that selecting the track list wasn't going to take me long, and it didn't. But the artwork took a while to come to my head. Kelly surprised me out of a sudden - she got the honourable place of SBT. "One Word" is what she says, and repeats. One word can change everything.
So suddenly the artwork appeared in my mind. I know very little about design and I am very bad at using my tools. But I am very happy with the result. Moreover, I had fun.

Nonetheless, even if I thought that was going to be easy, I had so much trouble with it. Somehow the files are bigger than what they normally are, that's why the artwork comes split.

Anyway, nothing much to say. I would like to talk about each song (I was hoping we'd done that for My Favorite Flavor), but I don't want to spoil anything.
But, please, take me to Gordon's Wine Bar, or let's share a mattress on the floor and we will talk about them. We will share an iPod, you'll get one earpiece and I'll get the other.

And this is it. This is the last of the 4 albums I had planned. I swear, nothing coming now, nothing in my mind. But if something does come up, it is not going to be about Love - or is it? (Because Love is Everything).

As usual:

Artwork and other files

BTW, happy Sant Jordi! Feliz San Jordi! Feliç Sant Jordi!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feliç Sant Jordi!!!!!!!!
Bibi

Raúl said...

no puc amb sant jordi. una data més a cremar del calendari. al menys avui tenim la teva música...

Habibi said...

Bibi: gràcies.

Raül: per a mí és molt important, però això és una altra història. gràcies i gaudeix de la música.

Cvalda said...

^^ ¡Viva! Don't stop the music! Al coche que va, jeje ;) Ya te diré mis impresiones, aunque ya he visto varias que posiblemente me gusten.

Love in everything...? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

A día 23 no recibí ningún libro, pero sí las ansias de comenzar una nueva lectura, fuera cual fuese, aunque me apetece bastante "El animal moribundo", después de haber visto la de la Coixet.

Habibi said...

me alegro que te alegres guapa
pues yo ayer pensé en ti por lo de los libros.
me acabé Lolita y tenía que empezar un nuevo libro y estuve a punto de empezarme Kafka en la orilla pero al final no porque primero me quiero acabar uno que me empecé hace siglos y aún no he acabado.
besos

Anonymous said...

ups, pensé que te había comentado el post...
es curioso como las cnaciones a determinadas playlist se van sumando de manera tan facil. cómo de repente, una canción sabes que ocupa un lugar en los sentimientos y en la historia de uno.

peliz san jordi.

Habibi said...

sí, estaba pensando, dónde está su comentario?
tienes razón, no lo pude evitar. pero es que también quería poner resurrección y otras tantas de una compilation que recibí recientemente. pero esta es más "hoy", malauradament.