Monday 9 January 2006

The Hardest Thing to Do

A while ago a friend explained me how, with some other friends, they had decided to create a Top 10 CD.
I thought it was going to be easy, but I was wrong. Choosing the songs has been very difficult but it has helped me to realize how music is and who I am.
Also, I did the songbook with the 'why' of each song and the translation of the songs that are not in English.
I like the songbook (I don't have many tools but it looks OK); I spent a few hours doing it and I enjoyed, it has enhanced my creativity. You can download it here.
This are the ten songs that defined me in December 2005. The order is just for the hearing pleasure, no 1>10 apply.
[Artist – Song – Album]

1. Ania Dąbrowska – Zima ’81 – Samotność po zmierzchu

2. NajwaJean – I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) – No Blood

3. Björk – Jóga – Jóga (The Remixes)

4. Mecano – Hijo de la Luna – Entre el cielo y el suelo

5. Damien Rice – Volcano – O

6. Justyna Steczkowska – Wędrowni sztukmistrzowie – AlkimJa

7. Alanis Morissette – Head Over Feet – Jagged Little Pill Acoustic

8. Madonna – Like a Prayer – Like a Prayer

9. The Smiths – Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now – Hatful Of Hollow

10. El Barrio – El Primavera – Me voy al mundo

And, as the good CD, I added bonus tracks; not because I couldn't fit them in the Top 10, but because are one original and two versions in French and Italian.

11. The Proclaimers – I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) – Sunshine on Leith

12. Mecano – Figlio della Luna – Figlio della Luna

13. Mecano – Dis-Moi Lune D'argent – Aidalai France

So this was the only Christmas Present I did for my very few and very special friends.

Just because, good is life!

PS: This is my post number 50. Time goes by so fast!

No comments: