Monday 23 January 2006

It's in our history

It is way too difficult sometimes to let yourself be the one you are and not the one you have been taught to be.
Let me explain.
I have done some research on women and waxing. I have asked them if they like to wax their legs: they all say they don't. I have asked them if they like their legs waxed: they all say yes. I have asked why: they all say because it is nicer.
I don't buy it.
We are taught to like waxed legs as we are taught to like blonds and blue eyes and all those things. We are taught to like cities and presents and all those things. And we don't even realise and pass that onto our children.
I have two friends who have never been religious. They have just had a baby and they christened it. Why would you do that if you don't believe in God? Tradition? Perhaps but most probably because this is the common thing to do.
We are not ONE person, we are a society.
Listening to: "Big Time Sensuality" by Björk
and singing it!

1 comment:

coque said...

society is always stronger than (weak) individuals