Monday 2 January 2006

New Year's Resolutions

Oh, well... I'm back. I would be lying if I said that I was very busy. I was on holidays. But my friend was here and we were all the time talking, i.e. she heard all my thoughts along this days.
So nice to be on holidays, right? Waking up when I needed to. Laying around. Movies. Walking. Food. Oh, so much food. And so good.
The day we were celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, we gathered at my house my brother, one of my sisters, her husband, my cousin and some friends. It was so much fun. We (actually the idea was of my sister and her husband)... We did a game. Everyone got a paper by drawing lots. In the papers was written two roles we had to do. So, for example, I had to sand up and start singing a Christmas Carol every time the word "Christmas" was said (which, mostly in Spanish, I did it also when in English), and I had to open all the bottles of wine and not let anyone open them. So I gathered them all by my side! Other roles were:
  • dancing every time someone sung and after a while open the curtains,
  • draw the curtains every time someone opened them,
  • every time someone wanted to go to the loo, accompany him/her there and open the door for him/her,
  • say "This party is so boring -- I am bored" from time to time,
  • say "When are we going to go out to get something to drink?" from time to time...

and some more...

So it was really funny. Especially seeing a friend laughing a lot while saying "I am so bored!".

It has been great this Christmas, I have not really lived it as a Christmas, just like some holidays.

But now it is 2006 and I have made my New Year's Resolutions:

  • Starting for the fact that I am quitting smoking: today I didn't smoke at all, yet --the 1st of January belongs to the previous year.
  • Also I am going to do some exercise --I am rotten. I went yesterday for some jogging and I have so much pain now. Though, it feels great.

And I guess there is nothing else. I did many New Year's Resolutions for free during 2005 and now I don't need to do many more for a while.

So, I hope you had a wonderful Kalends.

Cartoon at the bottom taken from here.

Other funny New Year's Resolutions' Cartoons: here and here.

No comments: