Saturday 7 January 2006

Finally Christmas is over!

The Three Wise Men (Three Kings of Orient) haven't brought me anything. Nor has Father Christmas (Papa Noël). Not even Saint Nicholas at the beginning of December did. Only the Good Life brought me eight happy days of relaxing and walking and a book about my former life; and some former shoes gave me another book on theory of myself.
Thank God Friendship Exists!

It is raining --Rain in Seville is Wonderful but Rain in my-Town is annoying. Besides, I am at work, bored.

Not smoking is going OK. I have smoked only 4 in the entire week which means that from the 43 cigarettes that I would have smoked since Monday morning till now, I didn't smoke 39. So pretty good, right? I know 4 are still bad but better than before.

Exercise is going OK, as well. On Tuesday my sister and I started going together. We decided to start slower and then go increasing effort, so we go fast-walking, just before starting jogging. It is wonderful, actually. We do about 45 minutes during siesta break, before lunch. Also we go cycling sometimes. The other day we went around my town, so great, so different of what I am used to, between the vineyards and the olive trees; and yesterday we went around Altafulla, the neighbouring town and we arrived to the border with Tarragona. We went around the mouth of the river Gaià (dried out, actually). Amazing landscapes. Lots of cane. Wild trees and bushes. Wild flora. So wonderful. And then, suddenly, after a curve, the sea.
We were for one hour and a half (since yesterday was bank holiday we spent more time) and when we were already going home I got a hole in one of my wheels. Too bad! So we had to go back to my town walking for another half an hour.
Discovering that exercising is so great (this for me is a very strong exercise, you may understand) and that it feels so great has been the most wonderful present that the kings and the fat Scandinavian could have given me. Thank you, anyway, Life's so fucking good.

No comments: