Tuesday 24 January 2006

Let's celebrate...

The other day in my blog in Spanish I was talking about queueing.
I think it is not only the fact that we enjoy queueing but also that we like waiting, looking forward to something.
I dislike the you-must-like-the-feasts thing. Really, I do. Some people are the ones who decide what should I celebrate and what I shouldn't.
The Christmas street decorations aren't out just yet and the shops are already displaying Carnival disguises and Valentine's Day's hearts. Soon will be Father's day (In Spain on March 19), Easter, Rocío's day and so on.
Day by day, we are always waiting for the next feast.
What is this, a way to go through the life without time to think "Oh, how unfortunate I am" and not having to relate this to religion? Or just one way for them to go through our wallet?
For spending and carnival (Halloween), please, watch the film "In America".
So, in order to avoid recognising this day as an expectation of Valentine's day, I am declaring today the international day of the celebration of the birthday of Alonso Pérez de Guzmán, "El Bueno", founder of the Duchy of Medina-Sidonia.
Listening to: "Possibly Maybe" by Björk, album: "Post"

No comments: