Monday 16 January 2006

We shall become religious!

Lately I've been saying and thinking a lot in Mother Nature. In the fact that She is the one who really leads our lives –I guess we could say that She is also called God. She could do whatever she wanted with us.
She is THE perfect designer –She did our body– but sometimes the things She did are a bit weird, like using one part of our body for two things. Why? Couldn't she paste a bit more of flesh? Perhaps she couldn't!
We grow up and it seems that we are the ones who chose our friends. This is a fallacy: we chose them because there is some connection with them. It is not like we say: Oh, hello, do you want to be my friend?
OK, friends are important but we don't get to chose them, but we can influence that in some way; also, they are not to be with us for the rest of our lives. But the people who is going to be there forever, no matter what, are the ones whose uncertain choosing system we are not to reach ever. The ones who are really going to influence how we are –sometimes this is luck, sometimes is pity– are just the ones who we cannot chose.
"Isn't it ironic?" would say Alanis ironically.
Yes, it certainly is.
Some people believe that before you are born you chose the life you are going to live, the family, the kind of person, etc. Some other people thinks that the bad things that happen to us are because we did something wrong in our past life. And others say that we are here to learn and we are going to live one life after another until we reach the maximum standard.
Oh, damn, shit! Then, I was so stupid, I was very naugthy or I will have a few thousand lives after this one!
Life could be so fucking easy and we keep making it so complicated.
Photo: Alanis Morissette as God in "Dogma"
In my mind, today: "Moje Miasto" – Maria Peszek – "Miastomania"

3 comments:

Shirlz said...

Hey Habibi! I've been reading your blog for a good few months and we've got lots of similiar ideas .. you put them into words so well! Keep exploring, and reporting!

Shirley

coque said...

I've been thinking about religion, and I think it's interesting, but I can't find the right religion.
is alanis 'god' in any religion? xD

I'm reading a book (Latter Days) and yesterday I read q quote about god:
- Do any of you believe in god?
- You mean, other than madonna?

Habibi said...

In Argentina they say Maradona is God.

My sister explained me something yesterday when I explained her your quote about God/Madonna.

Have you seen "Los lunes al Sol"? (Mondays under the Sun[?]). I haven't.

There is a russian astronaut and someone asks him:
-When you are up there, did you see God?
And he answers:
-When Comrade Yuri Gagarin came back to earth he said "I've seen Comrade God up there and he said: God does not exist".