Thursday 14 February 2008

My Favorite Flavor

I can't believe this is happening. I cannot avoid being surprised that I am doing something I wanted to do on the day I wanted to do it.
Well, I am actually almost a year late. Last year, on this very day, I was supposed to release It's not me (it's you), but, instead, it happened on the 23rd of April (Catalan Lover's Day). Those albums (with its B-Sides), were songs to break up with somebody and were originally intended to be released as a pack of two albums, alongside with this one, so you could choose to love or to dump your partner.
Well, one year later, the response of "oh, booh, booh, booh, I love you, booh, booh, booh" songs has arrived and it is called

My Favorite Flavor
  1. Alanis Morissette - Everything (Vancouver sessions)
  2. Anna Maria Jopek - I Burn For You
  3. Annie Lennox - A Thousand Beautiful Things
  4. Beyoncé & Jay-Z - Crazy in Love
  5. Björk & Brodsky Quartet - Unravel
  6. Cyndi Lauper - Brimstone and Fire
  7. Damien Rice - The Blower's Daughter
  8. Eurythmics - The Miracle of Love
  9. Hooverphonic - Mad About You
  10. Ivri Lider - Song to a Siren
  11. Julieta Venegas - Eres para mí
  12. Justyna Steczkowska - Życie na różowo
  13. Kristian Leontiou - Fast Car
  14. Najwa - I Like It
  15. Perry Blake - Pretty Love Songs
  16. Roxette - It Must Have Been Love
  17. Sinéad O'Connor - Thank You for Hearing Me
  18. t.A.T.u. - All the Things She Said
  19. Air - Playground Love (As Special guest star)
I wanted to talk a lot about these songs. I wanted to talk a lot about the cover, but hey, you do it, you tell me.
Well, there is one thing that I can say right now: I chose those artists because are the ones that appeared on the It's not me saga. I couldn't fit them all, and I didn't have love songs from all of them, so I chose the ones that were meaningful to me (to you, to us). You'll understand.
I know, I keep repeating myself. There are few elements that belong to an special something. But, hey, there are all kinds of love, aren't there?

Hope you enjoy it.

I want to thank Mara Jade for online-help me with the design.

Love somebody today. Anybody. Just do something nice for the person siting next to you. But don't fall into the commercial spiral. Just do it from the bottom of your heart.

As always:

Artwork and other files.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mara Jade said...

Vaya, vaya, vaya... qué bonita ilustración ;-)

Habibi said...

gracias (a ti)