Tuesday 11 October 2005

Yesterday

Yesterday I wanted to write something but I got busy at night and couldn't in the end.

I run into my aunt and her husband. Well, this is quite an extraordinary thing. She lives in Nederlands like for ever, she married twice with two Dutch men and she has children with them. I hadn't seen her since, at least, from 1998. I was at my office and I saw her passing by (not quite like the girl from Ipanema) and I went outside to call her. She turn back and she was looking at me like "Who the hell are you?" so I told her I was her nephew and she even asked "Which one?" so I told her my name and my family nickname.
We hadn't spoke ever since that 5 minutes conversation seven years ago, and I was supposed to be mad at her but, suddenly, I realised I wasn't mad but just quite kin.
We didn't arrange to meet again and she is leaving tomorrow. Perhaps I'll visit her sometime.

Time passes and it is weird how, what we truly knew was white back then, now is obviously black.

Just a quick note, please get with "O" by Damien Rice. Unexpectedly beautiful. Thanks to Gatchan82 for that recommendation.

No comments: