Saturday 29 October 2005

In the Train

I love trains. I could spend hours in a train, but not waiting for one.
And I miss them a lot now that I live in this town that I don't need a train or a bus at all.

I've been to Barcelona today. I love Barcelona. Though I went for nothing as I couldn't do what I was going for. So I have to go again on Monday.

On my way back something got my attention --I'd forgotten my book so I was just listening to my iPod and looking around and to the window. There were four guys sitting in the next six-grouped sits just in front of me. They were all of them Muslim and they were saying funny things --unfortunately I do not speak Arabic, so I wasn't laughing. Also, they were looking and whistling at girls; and saying compliments --I say 'compliments' since I don't know the English for "rude, chauvinist, unwanted comment".
Since I had nothing to read, I was looking at them, how they behaved ("Human Behaviour") and I realised of one little thing: one of the guys was sitting in one of the corners, next to the corridor, and he wasn't looking at girls like the rest. He was looking at them like saying "How I hate you, dolls" and back looking at one of the other mates like saying "Why do you look at them? I am here!". He was like Joey from Friends, laughing when they were laughing, but not because he was stupid, but because he was just looking at this guy. Observing him.

I've heard that Muslim have a greater acceptation of the homosexuality, that they practice it before marriage, but it is just sex. He wasn't looking at the other guy in a sex way but in a love way. I wonder, will he have it more or less difficult than a Catholic? (meaning Catholic all of us who have born in a Catholic society, not only the believers).
Since his society is rather more chauvinist and "closed minded" than "ours", I imagine he would have much more difficult to accept that.
I don't know, never met one gay Muslim.

When I am in the train I always look at people and invent their lives. Who is with who and why, what are their jobs and so on. Only looking at this small hints that I can observe.

No comments: