Saturday 8 October 2005

Explosion and escape

I have to explain something or I will explode. But to do so I have to give you some background. And this will be a rather more personal thing.
My sister started working as my town's library director in 1998. In 1999, for Sant Jordi (Saint George, the patron of Catalonia and day of the book and the rose, April 23rd), we did for first time a poetry reading. It wasn't only poetry but as well a tale and some short texts in prose.
The next year we did the same and we published a book with what we had read the year before.
We have been doing this ever since but this year has been a bit different. We included theatre in it and the "help" of a theatre school of my town. It went fine but, you know, I was getting so pissed off with that theatre director as he was behaving as he was THE director and not just someone who was helping us. He was behaving as he knew everything but, forgive me, if someone does know everything this are my sister and I as we have been there all the years through.
Today we saw the projection of the video of this year's event. He &%$#*^!! me so much. He really does think he is the best and, forgive me, what does an apparently successful actor from Barcelona opening a theatre school in my boring and dead town?? What is he escaping off?
Now it seems less but, really, I was getting so upset that I had to leave. The main point is that he is spoiling the event.
Now I am better and I am going to bed.
I don't know what I will do.
Is leaving the group [which is so important to me and to which I gave so much energy] an option?

1 comment:

coque said...

you are in a very unconfortable situation because that activity seems very important for you, but with this person involved in it, it has become something different.
if i were you i'd shut up and stay and next year i would not call this person.