Sunday 23 October 2005

Musical letter

Lately I've been hearing lots of new music. I have music in my mind most of the time. When I am in silence I am singing in my within. Sometimes I would just answer a question with a song. I know I've talked about that lately. Bad news are still coming. I am not going to explain it. Just going to sing some pieces of songs. Most of them are right like they are, some of them I've changed some words. In brackets where it comes from.
This is a letter to two people. Between inverted commas is what I say to someone. The rest is to the other. Difficult to understand?
Here is today's soundtrack:


It's real early morning, no-one is around, I'm back at my desk, again writing things down. It's become a habit, a way to end the day. I go through all this before you wake up, so I can feel happier, to be read here by you. [Björk, Hyper-ballad, Post]
You see everything, you see every part, you see all my life, you dig everything of which I'm ashamed, and you are still here. [Alanis Morissette, Everything, So-Called Chaos]
Dear dar, my ex, wrote a message, he was talking crazy, saying he wanted me to move with him back there. [Alanis Morissette, Joining You, Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie , MTV Unplagged]

"Don't throw yourself like that, in front of me, you'll hurt your knees. I kissed your mouth back then. Volcanoes melt you down. What I am to you is not real. What I am to you is not what you mean to me. You give me miles and miles of mountains and I ask for the sea. This is nothing new, what I really need is what makes me bleed. [Volcano, Damien Rice, O]
Where is the line with you. You ask again. [Where is the line, Björk, Medúlla]
Wait a minute man, I see right through you. You took me for a joke. You didn't hear a damn word I said. [Right through you, Alanis Morissette, Jagged Little Pill]
It fuels me and places a skeleton of trust, right beneath me, if I ask myself, patiently, and carefully, who is it that never let's me down and who has given me back my crown, and the ornaments. He demands a closeness, we both have learned the lesson. I'll carry my joy and my pain. [Who is it (...), Björk, Medúlla]
Cuéntame qué vas a hacer cuando decidas otra vez regresar; ya no estaré aquí en el mismo lugar. [Si te vas, Shakira, ¿Dónde están los ladrones?]
Do you eat, sleep, do you breath me anymore? Do you count sheep anymore? I look at the window, I look at the moon. [Do you sleep?, Lisa Loeb, Tails]
You make the knees of my bees weak, tremble and buckle." [Knees of My Bees, Alanis Morissette, So-Called Chaos]

If you ever get close to a human, be ready to get confused. [Human Behaviour, Björk, Debut]

Life goes easy on me most of the time, no love no glory. I can't take my eyes off of you. Did I say that I want to leave it all behind? And so it is... [The Blower's Daughter, Damien Rice, O]
Behind the child I'll be wild like a child. Like snake I'm growing. [Behind The Child, NajwaJean, No Blood]

I recommend get your heart troubled on anyone, I recommend walking nakend on your living room. You live, you learn, you love, you learn, you cry, you learn. [You Learn, Alanis Morissette, Jagged Little Pill]
Maybe is true that I could never return. But I am a new machine. Name it as you wish. I heard this from another place. But I am a new machine with the rhythm of blade from the falling rockets. [New Machine, Najwa, Carefully]
See it was like this, I was between two worlds: one full of promises and the truth I knew would hurt. Memories in my life. We tried. We cried. Past wont go away. The story of my life. [Story of my Life, Kristian Leontiou, Some Day Soon]
I don't know where I belong, I should be more careful. I follow blindly alone, I need to belong somehow. [You don't know, Cyndi Lauper, Sisters of Avalon]

No comments: