Friday 31 August 2007

We still

It is still not ten years ago that I learned about Diana's death.

The day Di died my mother had been trying to wake me for hours. Then, she burst that Diana had died. As a gay I loved her, as a human I admired her. I jumped out of bed.
That day, like when the Pope Karol Józef Wojtyła died, or in September 11, there was nothing else in the telly.
I cried, I must say. Because I couldn't believe she had died. You don't expect people who you "know" since you were little to suddenly die. Yes, it was a shame when the Pope died and I felt sorry and sad, because he was "my" Pope even though I don't even believe in his religion; though, I was "expecting" this to happen, as he was old and ill. Diana... no, she was neither old nor ill. She was just perfect and perfect was supposed to remain forever. Unfortunately, she didn't. She passed away and left us here, wondering what was going to happen. After that, the gossip magazines and the yellow press have had it very hard to find someone like her. Not only for the fact that she was the mother of a future king of the UK but because she was nice and kind, helpful with the ones in need and beautiful.
Self-quoted from "Regina", Jan 29 97


And, still today, I feel like there's something missing. I wonder if she is really dead. I wonder if she is not gone to an island like that The Island of Homer Simpson. I wonder if she is not just hanging around with Doddy and Elvis and James Dean and Kurt Cobain and Janis Joplin and all those who left us too early. I wonder what number would she be. I'd give her the 1.

Today the sun isn't shining.
Today is a sad day.

Today we all remember you; because you are our princess, the princess of our hearts.

PS Today there is a service but Camilla isn't going to be attending. I wonder what Dianda would have liked.

3 comments:

Habibi said...

I posted the second photo cos I couln't believe such an spelling mistake published in Trafalgar Square. Though, I've been searching, and it seems that it is a common mistake.

coque said...

I never paid much attention to her, but she has some great photoshots, and her humanitarian work is admirable.

Habibi said...

It's not that I am a Crown freak or Hello! follower, but I always liked her.