Sunday 29 March 2009

Plus One

UPDATE: one of the songs has been replaced

Last night, officially, Spring started. Yes, I know, it actually started last friday, the 20th, but last night we moved the clock one hour forward.
From today, days will be longer and nights shorter. Soon enough, they'll be warm and dry. Today it is cold and rainy here in my town, so not going along. But anyway, I wanted to celebrate this event by doing a new album.


Plus One

The photo is at the Beach Library, where I work sometimes.
  1. Dragostea din tei (O-zone) - Estanislau Verdet
  2. Vos estim a tots igual - Antònia Font
  3. L’autostrada - Daniele Silvestri
  4. Boots of Spanish Leather (Dylan) - Dervish
  5. La llamada - Òscar Briz
  6. Mr Rock and Roll - Amy Macdonald
  7. Hotel Cervo - Luca Dirisio
  8. I’m Yours - Jazon Mraz
  9. Je t’aime... moi non plus - Serge Gainsbourg & Jane Birkin
  10. Cançó del bes sense port - Miguel Poveda (Maria Mercè Marçal)
  11. La canzone che scrivo per te - Marelene Kuntz & Skin
  12. Corazón - Albert Pla
  13. Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones
  14. I Kissed a Girl (Katy Perry) - Ivri Lider
  15. Hansel i Gretel - Joan Miquel Oliver
  16. The One - Kylie Minogue
Bonus Tracks
Le tien, le mien - Najwa
Ahora que la mierda ya me llega hasta los ojos - espaldamaceta

Super Bonus Track
Blanc - u_mä
Some of the songs have a reason to be here, others are just because I love them today.
You can find that, once again, there are repetitions of artists in the same album. Pau Vallvé is member and soul of the two formations that start and end the disc: Estanislau Verdet and u_mä. This last band, I saw them live couple of hours before we changed the clock (if you have the chance, it is a must!). The other, I will see very soon.
Also you'll find Joan Miquel Oliver, the letrist (and for me also soul) of Antònia Font. Both, I've seen live, the former much better, I must say.
A lot of Catalan Countries in this album, as even the songs in Spanish are by artists from the Païssos: Òscar Briz (who I have also seen live) is from País Valencià and espaldamaceta (sic) is from Tarragona. Albert Pla isn't singing in Catalan lately, but we all remember his "Papa, jo vull ser torero". Miguel Poveda, who normally sings in Spanish, is from Barcelona and sung that album in Catalan with well known poems by Catalan authors.
Also, lots of Italian, but no real reason, except the sake of it.
And as well, some artists singing in a language they don't normally sing.

As usual, I have placed the artwork that I designed and an html file with the lyrics here. The tracks are here, but will be removed in a week. You all know ways to get the songs, and if you can't find it, let me know, and I'll advise you.

I'm having problems with the web host where I normally have the lyrics, so it is only in the link above. But as soon as I figure it out I will update this, so come back.

Well, enjoy it.
This post will be updated. It has been: thrice.

3 comments:

Vulcano Lover said...

Du, du, du-du-du-du, yeahhh, du-du...

:-))

Elena said...

De cervezas, que celebré yo el evento. En una Granada repleta cogí la calle y el sol con mi hermana y hasta las cinco de la mañana. Buena forma de entrar la primavera.

Un besazo.

Elena said...

Pipa, te lo tienes que estar pasando por ahí.
Un beso.