Thursday 28 June 2007

Sing Songs Along

Some good time ago, I was watching a program on Catalan television (or was it the regional disconnections of the Spanish National? –never mind) called Els nous catalans (The New Catalan People) which is about the foreigners who now live in Catalonia; they explain the differences in culture (so to explain how Catalan people are) and the things that shocked to them when they moved here as well as about their own culture and food. So, that day, there was that noble woman from Italy who teaches dancing in Barcelona. She said that what most surprised her was that people didn't sing in the streets.
I thought to myself, yeah, I know, it is upsetting. I don't go around singing cos I don't sing well, but sometimes I do. And when I am on my iPod I lip-sing. Sometimes people look at me as if I was mad, but I don't care. Especially since that day, since that woman made me feel I am no freak.

This morning I read about Sing London and I really wish I was there or at least that they will do that again next year. I leave you with the commercial/video clip.



Also, if you like to sing, check the Sing-a-long-a site which events are mostly taken at Prince Charles Cinema.
This post's title comes from Tilly and the Wall's same titled song.

"Let us be free, let us sing songs along"

4 comments:

coque said...

I usually lipsync too, but i don't like when people sing in the street.
today, at the train, two guys (from marocco, i'd said) where singing while listening an mp3, and it annoys me a little.

love Tilly and the Wall. thank you for tell me about them!

Habibi said...

I like to see the weird people in the streets of the city.
you welcome.

Vulcano Lover said...

I have always sung down the streets, no matter what people said... Sometimes not in loud voice whether I think I can disturb, but no doubt moving my lips as to pronounce the lyrics... Singing wherever place one can imagine is one of the things that can bring you and the rest of the people real happiness. I have always thought it is one of the nicests ways of communication... isn't it?
On the other hand, I hate people that switch their mp3 on with the volume on top thinking they're being nice... :-(
Kisses.

Habibi said...

Hey, vulcano, I see you corrected yourself or something, as you deleted the other comment, but you shouldn't worry much about that.
I once was told that I sing well. I was told that only once in my entire life. It was nice. She wanted to make out with me. LOL We didn't, for obvious reasons. I love singing, and I couldn't care less about whether people likes how I sing. Well, I do.
I don't like those people either, with their mp3's.
kisses to you too,