Monday 16 July 2007

Don't wake me

Last night I went with some friends to a "chiringuito" in Altafulla, the next village to mine. A chiringuito is one of those beach bars. But this one is open at night and we go sometimes to have the last one.
Near to the end of the night they played The Postal Sevice's world wide known hit song "Such Great Hights", which I like, but have heard so many times everywhere. But, hey, when it finished, "Sleeping In" came along, so it was the album and not the TV Serie's OST.
I couldn't find an official video, but this is pretty cool.

Sleeping In
The Postal Service



Last week I had the strangest dream
Where everything was exactly how it seemed
Where there never any mystery on who shot John F Kennedy
It was just a man with something to prove
Slightly bored and severely confused
He steadied his rifle with his target in the center
And became famous on that day in November

Don't wake me I plan on sleeping

And then last night I had that strange dream
Where everything was exactly how it seemed
Where concerns about the world getting warmer
The people thought they were just being rewarded
For treating others as they like to be treated
For obeying stop signs and curing diseases
For mailing letters with the address of the sender
Now we can swim any day in November

Don't wake me I plan on sleeping
(now we can swim any day in November)

PS Sorry I am so absent, lately. I will be updating this weekend. Wednesday arriving in Madrid for Björk's concert with a bunch of nice people. Can't wait.

5 comments:

Vulcano Lover said...

Night and dreams. Summer. and suddenly swimming among the stars. Everithing stopped, and you looked at me, and threw me all these words, tied up in red ribbons, ready to keep in the warm inside of a magic night of july.

XXX

concerned citizen said...

Hi! I found your blog through language guy blog.

Just want you to know I'm going to try your cold borscht.

what are the marinated beets you use? are they what we call pickled beets? are the beets canned or do you marinate them fresh?

coque said...

i love postal service, and I die for dancing their songs.

great video.

let's swim

Habibi said...

Vulcano: uff

Concerned citizen: please, keep me updated on how the Šaltibarščiai comes along.
About the marinated beetroot: i buy it already marinated. I prefer if it comes whole, but sometimes it comes already in little pieces or "hairs".

Gatchan: we'll go out, will bring the CD, will ask the DJ to play it. deal?

let's.

concerned citizen said...

thanks! I'll keep you posted.