Wednesday 21 December 2005

White, blue, black and grey

This certainly is the era of information and communication. Well, you know that, you are reading a blog: the coolest and latest way to communicate with people you know and people you don't. With blogs you get to know all kind of people, and, what is great about it, who (shall) like what you'd written.
I had a computer at home since I can remember and this made me the "IT" of the family. Everyone comes to me to ask me 'why is that happening?', 'how can...?'s' and 'where can...?'s'. Now I have a little bit of competence, but it is fine by me!
I am talking about that because I discovered Blogger one day checking out Google's tools and services. And just the other day I discovered a wonderful tool recently bought by Yahoo!. I am talking about del.icio.us, a site where you can place your bookmarks and links so you can find your fav's wherever you are, whichever the computer you are using. And on top of it, it is a search engine, too, so you can tag your links with multiple tags so you can find it easily, later on.
But the funniest thing is that it is also a community since you can see who else has this link and the links other people have. Which is as well glorious as e.g. I link a site about Phonology of the Xhosa language and I see that someone else has this site linked, I check it out and I see this person has also a link to a site about the Phonetics of the Xhosa language, and now I can learn about both the Phonetics and the Phonology of the Xhosa language. Isn't that great?
The only pity is that it is bought by Yahoo!, that I don't like. But at least you don't need a Yahoo! account to be del.icio.us.ed.

No comments: