Saturday 17 September 2005

Just as a start

I haven't always liked English. I even used to hate it; it was the second worse subject in High School, just before gymnastics. But, hey, now I love it and I really do enjoy finding the magic within its words.
Like the other day, you might not think this was funny at all whatsoever, but I do. I was watching Woody Allen's Melinda and Melinda and on some point of the movie one of the wives said "She is obviously not home sick". I had to stop it to review it. I found that so interesting. If you don't know what is it about, you won't know that she said this, meaning that she wasn't sick and at home.

Compare:

"She is obviously not HOME sick"
with


"She is obviously not HOME - SICK".

Well, I know this isn't funny for everybody, but it is for me.
I'll see you around.

1 comment:

Ross Nantz said...

English is funny like that. I still want to learn spainish but not enough to do it all online... My pen is... Play with that play on words... LOL!!!

Thank you.