Monday 14 August 2006

Tempus fugit

Wow, that was a long time since I wrote last post. I'm on a kind of a intellectual holiday. In fact, I am still studying as I have two exams in a few weeks, so my brain IS working; though, they are things I already studied so I am not putting that much effort onto it.
Apart from that, nothing much is happening in my life lately. There is something that is bugging me out but I want to take some time to think about it and expose it properly.
I am still in this island. It is full of people, full of foreigners –especially Italians–. Though, it is not that hot these days, so I am happy.
As you can see, I have changed the banner of the blog. It is not a big thing, but I get happy with small things. For me is an achievement: it is the first time I used Flash. It wasn't difficult, though. In the future I will do something nicer, but, for the time being, it is just what I wanted.
I like learning new things, learning to use new tools. Just, I don't have projects to use them.

My life is going through a moment of change. I already pealed, so the change of skin is done. I guess I will have to change my shell now.
I am a snail now. (That was a plagiarism of "I am a bird now" by Antony and the Johnsons.)

I love tales, I don't know if I have said that before. And the other day I got caught by the Spelling TV series "Charmed" –which I hadn't seen before– because that chapter was about fairy tales. So, the chapter finished and the next started and I realize that the theme was a cover of the famous song by The Smiths "How Soon Is Now?", recorded by Love Split Love, which also was coverd by t.A.T.u.
So, since I heard that song again (I have the The Smith's CD with that song back home), I can't take it out of my head. Will that mean something?

How Soon Is Now? – The Smiths Written by Johnny Marr and Morrisey

I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and heir
Of nothing in particular

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and the heir
Of nothing in particular

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

There's a club, if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go, and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home
And you cry
And you want to die

When you say it's gonna happen now,
Well, when exactly do you mean?
See I've already waited too long
And all my hope is gone

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Photo taken from here.

1 comment:

coque said...

i love that song. it helped me a lot for a couple of monts.