Tuesday 25 April 2006

Where do I belong in?

I have found this at Sempre Primavera:

You Belong in London

You belong in London, but you belong in many cities... Hong Kong, San Francisco, Sidney. You fit in almost anywhere.
And London is diverse and international enough to satisfy many of your tastes. From curry to Shakespeare, London (almost) has it all!


So, I belong to London, huh? Not surprised, not surprised... I knew that. What am I doing in Spain? In any case, what the heck am I doing in an small city in the Costa Daurada (full of guiris)? God knows!

I miss London, yes! Definitely. I have to say that my "social" life (which everyone has in London) was not as busy as the rest of my co citizens. Though, the small amount of mine was way enough to make me happy.

Actually, I had wished that I was going to belong to Warszawa, though I doubt that this site has Warsaw between the cities. Perhaps Praha, Budapest or Kraków, but for sure not Warsaw.

Recently I went a couple of times to Barcelona to meet some friends. I love the city, yes, I do. But I don't like the people in there: they don't know how to walk! In Barcelona you see how people all the time crash with other people; they don't care if there is other people around, behind, wanting to walk faster, they don't get to the side. Even the other day, I was slowing down to let a guy pass so I wouldn't crash onto him and he looked at me and slowed down until he stopped so I had to change my "route" as he was right in the middle of my way.
Escalators are even worse: "Stand on the right" is written in all London Tube Escalators. Here, in Spain, ask God to help you if you ever want to take over someone. And the corridors: "Please, keep left" is also written in every corridor. Well, actually everywhere.

Fine, perhaps is a bit too much, but in a city where more than seven million people live, it is necessary to direct movements. And in a city where there are so many people from other countries, the "look left" signs in the pedestrian crossings are very useful.

I belong to London and this is just the smallest amount of reasons why I belong there.

3 comments:

coque said...

Well, I belong in Amsterdam so I think I should go there :P
People here are more organized, but in a shelfish way. People are bad-mannered and don't care about other people. an easy action like hold a heavy door to help other person is extremely hard to see.
k.

Alessandra said...

I KNEW you were going to mention poland... ;) eeeehhhee ...

eastern europe is kinda gray (if you're not inlove) so don't know... you should think twice about that one..

Habibi said...

Well, where I've been of Eastern Europe, it does not look any gray to me. But, e.g. Germany looks very gray and horrible. Poland is a country that is bearing again like Phoenix. I can feel more life, culture and fashion in the streets of Jalenia Góra than in Frankfurt.
Besides, generalizing is not good! :P
BTW, I am not involved at the moment with Poland, just I love it...